Thursday, February 28, 2013

Technical Diary 28-Feb-2013

Scenario:

I to listen MP3 songs, which I have stored in my Sony 16 GB Pen Drive. I have lot of albums stored in my pen drive which I have organized in respective folders for each album. I have almost 500 Albums stored in 500 folders. But the Player in my LCD TV is not advanced and it can't detect the mp3 files until I browse the album folder. I did not find an option to play all songs of all albums. So I have decided to move files from each album folder to single folder.

Challenge: 

In this case I have to open each folder copy the file content and paste them in the single target folder. I have to do this task almost 500 times, to copy file content from these 500 folders.

Solution: 

 I have used dos command "copy \*\*.* \"

Result: 

It saved me lot of time and got good satisfaction as I only discovered this command :)

No comments: